I Give Up...Ugghhh!



dealing with frustration“I GIVE UP”…the perfect place to be!! You’re probably saying to yourself…WHAT?! Yep…just where God wants us! My husband has a saying that goes like this – "don’t fret, don’t worry and don’t try to make anything happen". In other words, if it’s not working out - DON’T get worked up about it…go back to the drawing board ladies! Do you know how many times we’ve gotten frustrated and discombobulated because OUR plans didn’t go the way we wanted them to go – albeit, not once
asking God if it was the plan He had for us. God wants to have TOTAL control of our lives; YES that even includes OUR plans. At times we as women can be something else (I know, because I’m one) ;-)). You know how we are? We know without a shadow of a doubt that OUR agendas are just heaven sent, because WE’VE spent tireless, countless hours working on them; so they MUST be the plans of the Lord…yeah right! I guess it’s the way we’re wired, who knows…I personally think God just made us special that way. ;-))  Many of you may disagree with my next statement, but I would have to say that most men have fewer stress related issues than women because they don’t take what they’re doing so serious. You may disagree and that is your right.;-)  Seriously though, we’ve spent endless hours worrying and have wasted plenty of time getting discouraged over things we don’t and will probably never have control over.  Don’t get me wrong, plans are GREAT, however OUR plans always leave us with the feeling that we’ve fallen short of what we were really suppose to do. Remember, an agenda out of the will of God WILL NEVER be fruitful; it’ll always leave us feeling frustrated and discouraged. If you ever feel as if you’re headed down this road ladies…scrap your plans, regroup, but most importantly, consult God. Godly girls ALWAYS consult the Lord before doing anything! ;-)) Proverbs 3:5-6

All Rights Reserved copyright© 2012 Michell Pulliam “Prowess and Pearls” Devotionals by Michell Pulliam

6 comments:

  1. I am in constant need of this reminder. God always seems to place me in situations, He knows I cannot control. Thanks for this Michelle, a new follower as well.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! We ALL need a reminder of this every now and then.;-)) I thank God He loves us so much...He'll never let us get too far off track before gently nudging us back in line. Lol. Thanks again for the follow...will do the same. Take care!;-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this. It was a very timely message in which I found myself on my knees in prayer to God about this very thing. I have been home with my special needs child for almost four years. I love being a fulltime mom, but I truly miss using my creativity to make a difference...and make a little money to make ends meet. As you shared though...I can't make something happen...and I realize I am exactly where God would have me be.

    Found your blog at Christian Bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Sandra...thank you!!;-))
    @ Angela...Amen...God is awesome that way, isn't He? He perfectly knows EXACTLY what we need. Your child is truly blessed to have you as a mom, as I'm sure you are to have them as a child. Because you've put your focus back on what He called you to, I truly believe He'll open doors to allow you to use your creativity to bless others! Thank you again! ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so very true . The demon of control has made a home here and I am praying daily to remove him. I get so stressed over things and people not going or doing things I can't control but try to. I know better but I still do it. This read is so true . Man well woman makes plans and God smiles. We can make all the plans but in the end his will , will be done . I have to stop side seat driving and TRUST the Lord. Thank u again! Another great blessing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! Yes, you're right! I chuckled as I wrote this post, thinking of ALL the times I made these elaborate(well-intentioned might I add) plans, only to be told by God...NOPE! Lol! Which goes to show, He ALWAYS knows whats best for us! Have a great one!;-))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by...I really appreciate it! Please check back for a response to your comment, as I post all responses to comments here on the blog, not via email. Please note, as this is a Christian blog...any comment that contains offensive and/or inappropriate language will be sent to the authorities...NAH, but seriously though, they WILL BE deleted. :-) Have a great day...I call you blessed! ;-)