"Michell's Weekly Pearl"...(Can't Believe This is Happening)



an advice column and a question about hurt feelings
Hi everyone! Thanks for joining me for another edition of  "Michell's Weekly Pearl", where I seek Godly wisdom to offer encouragement. If this is your first time visiting, let me tell you a little about my advice series. This is where you can ask me anything on marriage, women's issues, family matters, relationships, parenting, homemaking, or life in general. If you want an honest, biblically based, to the point answer; email me your questions via prowessandpearls@gmail.com (please put "MWP" in the subject area). I'll post your question, along with my answer, anonymously. Easy as that! To read all the questions and answers in this series, you can do so (HERE). 

Keep sending those questions in ladies!!! In the meantime, read on to see what "Can't Believe This is Happening" asked...



I sure hope you can help me with this one Michell. I’m 30 something years old. My husband and I have three kids. I’ve been ministering to women for about seven years now.  My ministry just recently took off. I’ve been traveling more with speaking engagements and have met some amazing women along the way. My problem is this, because I’ve been gone a lot, my husband has been caring for the kids more and now he wants me to stop, cold turkey! I just don’t think that’s fair. Right now I’m angry, hurt and confused and can’t believe he would ask me to do that. What should I do?


Wow, that’s a loaded question! First and foremost, I’m assuming because you have a ministry, you’re connected to a local church. If so, have you consulted your pastor or spiritual leader? If not, I suggest that you do so. I can understand your hurt and confusion, but you may not like my answer. Because your husband is the spiritual head of your household, you should take a minute, breath and re-evaluate. Contrary to what most people believe, OUR families and homes are our FIRST ministries! If those are lacking, then honestly we shouldn't be ministering to anyone else. As my husband always teaches, the anointing only flows when there is order! I pose this question…if you were ministering to someone and they asked you the same question, what would be your answer? Would you tell them to keep at it, because "of course" it was from God, so it must be correct, right? Remember, He gives us assignments to do, but He always expects us to come back to Him to see how to carry out the plan. If you continue to minister without considering your husband’s feelings, then you’ve taken on a rebellious spirit. The Bible tells us that rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, in 1 Samuel 15:23(part a). That’s an area that we as believers want to stay far away from. If this is something you and your husband have never sat down to discuss and he looked up one day and you were traveling all over the country-side and neglecting the family, then he has every right to be frustrated. As much as we may want to do something, and as much as that something may be helping others; if we’re doing it out of order, then it’s NOT pleasing to God. For women, there is a fine line between taking care of our homes and ministry work. Our job is to find that balance, using the wisdom of God. It can be done! You would do well to study the lives of women such as Joyce Meyers, Lisa Bevere and Beth Moore, to name a few.  These ladies have mastered taking care of their homes, and have ministries that God has anointed to bless others(mainly women) across the world. Sometimes, God uses others to steer us back on path. He loves us just that much! He’s not some mean God  trying to take stuff away from us…He just sees the big picture and knows that perhaps your marriage and family may be in jeopardy.  He’s wise that way and He wants to make sure that the assignment He gave us is done exactly the way He wants us to do it! If it’s something He has called you to…believe me, it will still be there when it’s time to pick it back up. I’ll be praying for you sis…hope this helps!


I’ve been married for over 24 years to my husband, a pastor. I’ve worked alongside him in ministry full-time for over 17 years. During that time, we've pioneered two ministries and I've established a women’s ministry(Women of Excellence). We have three adult children and a son-in-law.  My areas of specialty are family, marriage and women’s issues. Hopefully the (Godly)wisdom I’ve learned through my years of experience will lead you to and keep you on the road to doing you well!  As my husband always says...why spend your life going down a road you don't have to travel, when someone else has already learned the lesson and can show you how to avoid that path.  


*Disclaimer*: I don't profess to be an expert, but what I have learned...I'm willing to share.  With that being said...what I write on my blog is my opinion and advice. It is not my counsel. This also applies to anyone writing on this blog. If someone uses any advice, opinion or recommendation from this blog and is upset, angered, or harmed in any way, I am not to be held responsible or be held liable in any way. What I write on this blog is not to be taken as fact or absolute. My intention is to do no harm. The content in this blog is the opinion of this blogger and is not intended to disparage or malign anyone or anything that has the ability to be offended. I am not responsible, nor will I be held liable, for anything anyone says on this blog in the blog comments.
All Rights Reserved copyright© 2012-2013 Michell Pulliam “Prowess and Pearls” Devotionals by Michell Pulliam

Linked-up with

Womanhood With Purpose

20 comments:

  1. You are truly anointed Michell! This blog is such a blessing. Great answer and supporting points. These questions are so helpful and can be applied to different situations...at least for me they are. They always seem to assist me with something.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you so much Joi for your heartfelt words...they mean a lot my friend! Thanks for your continued support Joi...I really mean that! May you have a great weekend as well lady!! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You're welcome Denise and thank you for stopping by! Have a blessed weekend!

      Delete
  3. This was an amazing question, and answer. I love these!! Love you Michell!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ash and thanks so much for dropping by! Love you too my friend!! :) Have an amazing weekend!

      Delete
  4. Wow, Michell. That WAS a hard question, but I am in awe of your eloquent answer. Also, I like that you provide a truthful response, no matter what. I can understand how the writer may feel hurt by her husband to stop traveling, but you said it best - God is able to show her how to strike a balance. I love what you wrote here: OUR families and homes are our FIRST ministries! If those are lacking, then honestly we shouldn't be ministering to anyone else. As my husband always teaches, the anointing only flows when there is order!

    Best wishes to this precious woman and her endeavors to minister. I pray that the Lord shows her how to minister from her home, or reveals His desires for her.

    Much love,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Meredith!! It was a hard one indeed! And yes, naturally one's feelings would be hurt. But when it all boils down, as a Believer, no matter how bad we want something...if it doesn't line up with His Word, then we know deep down in our hearts that it's not right. Thanks so much for stopping by my friend...have a wonderful week Meredith!xoxox

      Delete
  5. Very wise advise. Continue to allow God to use your gift to help others. Have a peaceful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trinity! Thank you so much and thanks for stopping by! I did and hope you did as well...have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  6. Your answer was spot on.. Brave too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Ren!! Thank you my friend! I've learned to grow my ability for holy boldness, lol! Besides, whenever I fear what others will think, I'm reminded of Matthew 10:28. Thanks for stopping by Ren, have a blessed week my friend!

      Delete
  7. Hoppin by, Yes--I agree with you answer. Home is first. You have to sit down and try to compromise with your husband. Explain you need to honor your commitment you already agreed to but let him know your new plans with him in mind.

    Maybe you need to decrease to once every other weekend. Maybe you need speaking engagements in the daytime and make sure you are home before dinner. When you leave home your house have to be in order. Have a plan b for pick up, dinner, etc. Cook and freeze. You have to keep hubby happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there must be peace in the home!;) Thanks so much for stopping by and chiming in...have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  8. Hi Michell,
    Wow, that is a wise answer from a wise woman ! You kind of sounded like the first lady of our ministry too. Thanks for that wise counsel and may God continue to anoint you for the calling He has placed on your life IN JESUS' NAME. Amen !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words...I receive that in Jesus' name!! So glad you stopped by Gertrude...may you and your family have a blessed week my friend!

      Delete
  9. You do not bit your tongue, but you also don't bite our heads off. This indeed was a tough one. I love your response and I agree. Our first ministry IS our family. I'm late on this one, but I always make sure I stop by and read because I am always blessed by your ministry Michell. Thanks for keeping it real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Hope! Funny that you said that! I just heard Jimmy Evans say on t.v. the other morning that, "truth without mercy is mean and mercy without truth is meaningless"! So true, so true!! No one will want to hear you if you're always beating them up with your words and no one will ever respect you if you if you're always telling them what they want to hear! Thanks so much Hope, that means a lot! I pray that in some way what I share helps others. Thanks for stopping by...have a blessed week my friend!

      Delete
  10. Your answer was right on point and she will be blessed for coming to you for the right answer. It will be hard for her, but I would think that her spirited was comforted as she read your comments. Knowing our God, the plan is already made because of her obedience. Telephone calls, shopping, and anywhere she meet women, the ministry will continue. Like you, she can blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dorothy...thanks so much! So true...God does have it, doesn't He! And yes, we can minister WHEREVER we go. Thanks so much for dropping by and chiming in...have a wonderful rest of your week! ;-)

      Delete

Thanks so much for dropping by...I really appreciate it! Please check back for a response to your comment, as I post all responses to comments here on the blog, not via email. Please note, as this is a Christian blog...any comment that contains offensive and/or inappropriate language will be sent to the authorities...NAH, but seriously though, they WILL BE deleted. :-) Have a great day...I call you blessed! ;-)