Dear moms...

parentingI know I told everyone to come back today for "Michell's Weekly Pearl", but I'll resume with that next Friday. However, it would be remiss of me to go into this weekend without paying tribute to all the wonderful mothers out there...know that you are loved and appreciated! So, I've pulled out an old post I did for Mother's Day back in October...IKR! I've tweaked it a little and it fits perfectly for this weekend!  In honor of all mothers and especially my lovely mother, Mary Lee Brown-Flemming, who passed away in 2007; who was, in my eyes, the epitome of
grace, elegance, decorum, sweetness, kindness and then some! I miss and love you so much lady!! MUAH!!


parenting

I want to encourage you to not forget the most important part of motherhood – NOT the accolades, recognition of achievements, the hurrahs or praise, BUT the fact that God even gave us children to steward over (watch over, care for, train and love) in the first place. Because He obviously saw something in us that qualified us for this awesome position, we should count it as a GREAT honor! How well we do at it, however, is left up to us.  

The mother who invests in her child’s life will be the one that child loves and honors.

 In life there are a few things we must get right the first go around – raising our children happens to be one of them, unfortunately we don't get DO-OVERS ladies! Of course we’re not going to get every single thing right, but we must be hell heaven-bent on raising them correctly! It doesn’t matter how we were raised, what preconceived notions we may or may not have on how we’re going to raise our own, what the so-called “experts” have to say, the latest parenting “fad”, or even how our friends are doing it; we as parents ARE OBLIGATED to raise OUR children according to the Word of God! We should always be thankful to Him for entrusting us with our children. Yes, I’ll be the first to admit at times being a mother can be frustrating, difficult and tiring, but anything in our lives worth having is most definitely worth sacrificing and working hard for…and besides, the fact that they love us and are happy and secure…outweighs anything negative! If you don’t know how to raise them according to His Word, ask Him to help you.  Because we can’t recapture time, whatever stage our children are at in life; whether it’s infant, toddler, adolescent, teen or adult, cherish them EVERY chance you get and enjoy EVERY moment…the good, the bad and the ugly! Remember, God graces us for every season we enter into, so don't get frustrated with the season you're in…accept and embrace it! I challenge each and every one of us to show off our mothering prowess today and everyday, and count it as a GREAT thing, not a burden to raise our children!!! III John 1:4, Proverbs 29:15, Proverbs 22:6

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! Know that you are LOVED and APPRECIATED!! 

All Rights Reserved copyright© 2012-2013 Michell Pulliam “Prowess and Pearls” Devotionals by Michell Pulliam
Having a blast serving Him !



Xoxoxo

Michell




24 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you too, Michell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alison! Thanks so much for dropping by! Thank you...hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! ;-)

      Delete
  2. "Pearls and Prowess by Michell Pulliam" has been included in the Sites To See for this week. Be assured that I hope this helps to point many new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2013/05/sites-to-see_9653.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley!! Hope you had a lovely Mother's Day my friend! xoxoxo

      Delete
  4. Beautiful. Have a wonderful mothers day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise!! May you have an absolutely wonderful week!!:-)

      Delete
  5. Fancy seeing you pop up on a Friday, guess I better get use to it. You already know I 100% agree with this post! Raise them right and in the word...period. Feel free to keep dusting off pre Jan/2013 posts, I don't mind at all, lol! Happy Mother's Day Michell, Enjoy and be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Joi!! That's funny...yep get used to Fridays, lol! Funny you say that...because I was thinking about grabbing those old post off the shelf. Thanks so much...I had a beautiful day! May you have an awesome week Joi!

      Delete
  6. Amen! My friend! Have an amazing Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Trinity!! Hope you had an amazing Mother's day as well!:-)

      Delete
  7. Happy Mother's Day! Thanks for the reminder to dig in our heels and do our best with our children.

    XOXO,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meredith! Hope you had a beautiful Mother's Day! Yes, we can do it can't we my friend? Why, because He's graced us to! Thanks for stopping by...have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  8. AMEN Michell!!! Here's to God given, Grace oriented, Intentional Motherhood!!! have a beautiful special Mother's Day, dear friend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Chris! I just replied to Meredith the same thing...it's His grace that empowers us to mother! Thank you my sweet friend...hope you had a beautiful special Mother's Day as well!! :-)

      Delete
  9. Hi Michell, hope you enjoyed a Happy Mother's Day and hope your week ahead is a great one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wanda! I sure did...thanks so much for asking. Hope you did as well! May you have a great week as well!!

      Delete
  10. Belated Happy Mother's day, Michell! Hope it was fun:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne!! Thank you so much my friend...it was most definitely fun! :-) Have a wonderful week! ;-)

      Delete
  11. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather! Thanks for stopping by. You can email me any questions at prowessandpearls@gmail.com. Have a lovely evening!

      Delete
  12. Ok. I'm late. Couldn't figure out why I was missing posts because I'm following you all over the place :). Well, I figured it out and I'm now subscribed..duh. Anyway, love this post and I couldn't agree more. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day. btw, your mom and I share the same birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Hope...I knew there was something about you extra special!:D I'll have to remember that next February! I did and hope you did also! Have a wonderful weekend lady! ;-)

      Delete

Thanks so much for dropping by...I really appreciate it! Please check back for a response to your comment, as I post all responses to comments here on the blog, not via email. Please note, as this is a Christian blog...any comment that contains offensive and/or inappropriate language will be sent to the authorities...NAH, but seriously though, they WILL BE deleted. :-) Have a great day...I call you blessed! ;-)